if a restaurant bill totals $85,what amount should be left as 15% tip A.$97.75 B.$11.90 C.$12.25 D.$12.75

Question

if a restaurant bill totals $85,what amount should be left as 15% tip
A.$97.75
B.$11.90
C.$12.25
D.$12.75

0

Answers ( No )

    0
    2021-11-23T17:46:24+00:00

    We can quickly calculate a ten percent tip by moving the decimal place one to the left. So a 10% tip on $85.00 would be $8.50. We can then take half of that tip to calculate the remaining 5%. $8.50 / 2 = $4.25. The sum of these two results is equal to a 15% tip. $8.50 + $4.25 = $12.75. The correct answer is D.

Leave an answer

Browse
Browse